Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: Wet n' Wild lipsticks

So in keeping with my recent beauty resolution, I am doing my best to wear more lip products.  I don't have many lip products and so I've been trying to pick them up when I can.  I picked up a couple of MAC lipsticks and a NARS lipstick, but at that price point (especially the NARS), I can't do that very often.  So I've been looking at more affordable brands and so far two that I am really impressed with are Rimmel and Wet n' Wild.

I recently got two of the Wet n' Wild lipsticks.  I picked up number 960D, which doesn't appear to have a name.  It has a muted pink color.  I think the swatch skews a bit more orange/brown than it is in real life.





I also picked up number 970, Purty Persimmon, which is very much in line with this summer's tangerine/orange trend.  I've worn it a few times and I do like it, but it certainly is vibrant.





Both lipsticks are in the Wet n' Wild Mega Last Lip Color line.  They aren't entirely matte, but they definitely aren't a creamy finish.  I moisturized well before I applied and they were a bit drying and weren't the most comfortable lipstick to wear.  They were impressively opaque and had good staying power without staining at all.


$2.99 at most drug stores.


Overall:  7/10.



4 comments:

  1. Great review. I have been wanting to try out these lipsticks from Wet n Wild they seem very pigmented.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. I think they're great at that price point.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a great review. I really like the Purty Persimmon, think it's going to be great during the summer!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the color. I normally don't go for colors that bright, but it's so pretty I can't resist.

      Delete