Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush


I already covered the MAC Cream Colour base in Pearl and now I'm moving on to the MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush.  

In the US, it retails for $17.50 and you get 3.2g of product.

Blurb from MAC:

Versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. 

Hush is described by MAC as a "soft peach with icy shimmer (Frost)".  I just had to look that up and I was kind of shocked.  Hush reads much more pink to me than peach.  Definitely a peachy pink.  But still, pink.  Oh well, look at the swatches and tell me what you think.

Like the CCB in Pearl, this is meant for spot highlighting and not overall illuminating.  I know that a lot of people with medium to dark skintones really like it, but it can be used on any skintone.  This is one of the few highlighters that wasn't a total pain in the butt to swatch and photograph.

You can pile it on and get a good amount of pigmentation, though I wouldn't advise it just because it tends to look really greasy.  It does sheer out pretty nicely, even on my very pale skin.  Mixed together with a little bit of Pearl CCB and applied to the cheekbones and browbones and it is just divine.


Sheered out on left, heavy swatch on right.




On my skintone, I don't think it's quite as versatile as the Cream Colour Base in Pearl, but it is lovely.

Overall:  7/10

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I haven't used it enough, but I'm going to start.

      Delete
  2. This is the one I prefer between the two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to start using it more, I suspect I could really fall in love with it.

      Delete
  3. Great review! How's the wear time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me, easily 9 hours. I rarely wear makeup for longer than that, so I couldn't say.

      Delete