Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter

Last month, I picked up a container of the Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter.  I had been using the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream and I was happy with it, but I used up my first tin and hadn't yet purchased another.  I was in Lush and they were giving out samples of their cuticle butter.  I tried it and it seemed nice, so I decided to pick up a container.




I suppose I should disclose that I have a very much love-hate relationship with Lush.  When they get it right they absolutely hit it out of the park.  When they get it wrong, it's abysmal.  I almost never have a lukewarm reaction to a Lush product.  Except for this time.

I wish I would say this was a great product or a terrible product, but in my opinion, it's neither.  It was very middle of the road, which was definitely a novel reaction.

The cuticle butter has a nice texture.  It goes on silky smooth.  It isn't too oily.

I really liked the smell of it.  I found it light and lemony.  My husband told me it smelled like lemon pledge (but I often think he's wrong).

I tried it for a little more than a week and it seemed like it just wasn't moisturizing enough.  The formula is so light that it just soaks right into the skin and doesn't hang around like the Burt's Bees.  A side effect of that is that it isn't as moisturizing as the Burt's Bees.  

I use hand sanitizer, A LOT of hand sanitizer.  It's murder on my cuticles so I need something really moisturizing and the Lush cuticle cream just wasn't what I needed.

It's $14.95 for 1.5oz of product (by weight, not volume).  It is a sizable container or product.

If you don't need heavy duty moisturizing out of your cuticle cream (and you live close to a Lush store so you don't have to pay shipping - their shipping rates are highway robbery and one of my chief irritations with them.) this may be the cuticle cream for you.  I'm going back to the Burt's Bees.

Overall: 4/10

2 comments:

  1. I also use a LOT of hand sanitizer and completely agree with your review, rating and conclusion - good old burts bees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, gotta stick with what works ;)

      Delete