Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review: NARS Illuminator in Copacabana

Next up in my highlighters series is the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana.  The NARS website describes it as:

Light the skin from within. A collection of light-reflecting liquids that glide on to refresh and enhance the complexion with shimmering incandescence. Deceptively sheer, decidedly luminous.

This is in the shade Copacabana which is "glistening pearl".   It comes in 3 other shades, Laguna (brown with gold shimmer), Orgasm (peachy pink with gold shimmer) and Super Orgasm (peachy pink with gold glitter).

The picture below is a deluxe sample size, not the full size.  I picked it up a while ago in my NARS VIB pack from Sephora.

The swatches below were taken without a flash.  It's just using my office lighting.  As you can tell, it is INCREDIBLY iridescent.  I thought the MAC Cream Colour Bases were reflective, but they don't hold a candle to the NARS Illuminator.  This stuff is so shiny.  

It does sheer out, but again, it's really iridescent.  I haven't tried any of the colors so I really can't speak to the different results you might get - especially from the one with glitter rather than shimmer.  This product is pretty thin consistency, so I would assume that you could mix a little of it with your foundation for overall illumination or just use it for spot highlighting.




I actually ended up giving my tube of this product away.  It was just so reflective that I knew I was never going to use it.  I know that some people swear by this, but it is just way too frosty/shimmery for my taste.

A full size Illuminator is 1.1oz and retails for $30.

Overall: 5/10

4 comments:

  1. It does look very pretty but I don't think I could pull this off either.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I know people that swear by it, but I could never figure out how to make it work.

      Delete
  2. I do like this product but it would have to be something I used for a night out because you are definitely right; in the day time its just too reflective.

    boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I think it would probably be great for a super dramatic look, but for everyday use it just didn't work for me.

      Delete