Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Review: Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow

I haven't really tried a lot of Milani products and I have hardly any baked products at all, and I've heard great things about them.  Locally, the only place I can find that carries Milani is CVS.  The cosmetics section at the CVS next door to my work always looks like a disaster area, so I trekked across town to the other CVS and lo and behold, they had a fantastic cosmetics selection, complete with a fully stocked Milani display.  I was so happy to be able to pick up a couple of items including the Baked Bronzer in 04 "Glow".



It's described on the Milani website as a light golden tan with gold shimmer.  To me it is a decidedly pinky gold, which I think is very pretty and flattering.

I really had to build this up for it to be dark enough to show up on camera.  It is incredibly sheer.  For that reason alone, I don't think I would ever use it as a bronzer.  Even on my MAC NW15 skin tone, it doesn't impart much color at all.  Certainly not enough for me to consider it a bronzer.

I like it as a blush.  It's still very sheer, but it has a good deal of shimmer.  It's a little too pigmented for me to use it as a highlighter, but like I said, I do like it as a blush and I wear it often.

It retails for around $8 for .25oz or 7g, but in my experience it's easy to find sales.

Overall:  7/10




4 comments:

  1. This looks really nice for a blush. I really like the packaging.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I am really impressed with all of the Milani products I've tried so far. I should have some more reviews up soon. Their packaging is so cute.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't seen these Milani products yet. I think this might make a good blush for me but with the shimmer it is definitely not bronzer material for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't necessarily mind a shimmery bronzer, if I'm just going to use it to put some color in my face. But I generally prefer my bronzers to double as contours, so in that sense the shimmer is a no no.

      Delete