Monday, March 19, 2012

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer

Next up in the bronzer review, Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess.  I received this product as part of Tarte's One Fine Clay collection (click link for my first look post).  So this is a mini size rather than the full size.

The bronzer has this beautiful golden sheen to it.  It is pretty reflective, so I would not recommend using this to contour.  But for a sunkissed look, it is just beautiful.  It's fragrance free, which really isn't a plus or a minus for me, but I know that's important for some people.

I like this product.  A full size retails for $29.  I tend to like my bronzers to do double duty as contour, so this product isn't a home run for me, but I do like it for those days when I just want a nice warm golden glow.

On my dry/combination skin it wears really well.  It seems to wear at least as well as the 12 hour Amazonian Clay blushes, which isn't necessarily the touted 12 hours, but it's still good enough for government work ;).

Tarte does have a deeper bronzer called Hotel Heiress that has a bronze shimmer.

Overall: 7/10