Saturday, March 24, 2012

Review: Milani Illuminating Face Powder

The other day at CVS I picked up a bunch of Milani products and one of them was the Illuminating Face Powder in 01 Amber Nectar.  The powders are designed to be used as highlighters, blushes or bronzers depending on your skintone.

I had seen a couple of review for these online and I was most interested in the pinky one, Beauty's Touch, however my CVS didn't carry that one.  They had the other two, Amber Nectar and then Hermosa Rose, which is the darkest of the illuminating face powders.

On my skintone, Amber Nectar is much more of a blush or bronzer.  Like the Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow, I don't really feel like it's dark enough for me to really consider it a bronzer.  And like the baked bronzer, I really had to pile the product on to get it to show up in the swatches.

With patience and a small brush, you could definitely get just the color (or colors) you want for strategic highlighting application.  I'll admit I'm not patient enough for that and I have plenty of highlighters so it's not worth the effort.  But if you're on a tight budget and you need products to do double duty, this may work great for you.

Swirling a cheek brush in the product you end up with a pinky/peachy/tan color.  It reads fairly tan on me, but it has shimmer that keeps it from looking muddy.  Is it significantly different from the effect I get using my Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow?  Eh, not really.

I do think it's a lovely product.  And the packaging is adorable.  If you don't already have something in your stash that gives you comparable results, it would be a great addition.

This retails for about $8 and contains 10g of product.

Overall:  7/10


I haven't tried the Physician's Formula highlighters, but if you have, how do you think they compared?  In this price point, that's pretty much the only thing I could think of that is being marketed this way that might be a close dupe.






1 comment:

  1. I'm tempted to use this because the product is so pretty. LOL. You know me.

    ReplyDelete