Monday, March 5, 2012

First Impressions: Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 / PA++

So this isn't a review per se.  I haven't given this product enough of a test drive to be able to say for certain that I love it.  But I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.

I hadn't planned on writing this post and then this morning when I was trying my hardest to eek the last bit of product out of the tiny sample jar I picked up at Nordstrom last weekend, I figured I should own up to it.

The evidence:


It's getting warmer and going into spring/summer, I'm going to have to find a different foundation routine.  I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation all winter and it has been fabulous.  But I think it's going to be too emollient for warm weather.

I'd heard great things about the Nars tinted moisturizer, so last week at Nordstrom I picked up a sample of Finland (the lightest shade).  I've been burned before many times with tinted moisturizer, but I have to say that this product is phenomenal.  Unfortunately it is priced accordingly at $42.  It's in wide release now, so you can get it just about anywhere - Sephora, Beauty.com, etc.

The product comes in a whopping 9 shades, so you shouldn't have trouble finding a shade that works for you.  This is especially helpful if you, like me, have been burned before by tinted moisturizers that just don't work on your skin tone. *cough* Origins VitaZing moisturizer *cough*.

The coverage from this product is on par with a foundation.  And it has a great level of SPF and it performs well as a moisturizer.  And a little goes a long way.  The sample I had was very small and yet I got three applications out of it.

And now, look at the pretty pictures from the press release:



2 comments:

  1. Hello lovely, just started following you through Bloglovin! I adore Nars products and eventually want to try this....

    Whats in my purse! http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put myself on a 'no buy' until all my credit cards are paid off, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to hold out. I NEED THIS!

      Delete