Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: OCC Lip Tars

I'm sure, you've already heard all the hype about OCC Lip Tars.  I just have one thing to say about all those rave reviews:

They are absolutely true.

I should start this post off by saying that I am not a big lip person.  I try.  I’m just not.  It always ends up on my teeth, so usually I wear chapstick or some variation on chapstick like the Revlon Lip Butters.  But when I do want to 'put on a lip', I almost always reach for my OCC Lip Tars first.

The OCC Lip Tars are fantastic.  They are so incredibly pigmented.  I had seen reviews where people said “a little goes a long way” and wow, are they right.  You only need the tiniest amount of product to get complete opaque coverage with vibrant payoff.  Plus, I've been using these regularly for almost a year and the tubes still have so much product.

Their range of colors is stunning.  I feel like OCC is really known for their super vibrant colors.  But the thing that really shocked me is that they do neutrals really well.

Most of the shades that I own are neutrals.  I picked up Trollop, Hush and Divine just under a year ago and if anything I am more pleased with them now than when the package arrived in the mail.  They are just beautiful neutral colors.  And the thing that I love so much about the lip tars is that it is so easy to mix the shades together to get exactly what you're wanting for any given look.

I did break from the neutrals to pick up Anime which is this gorgeous neon pink.  Gah.  I am so in love with this color.




(I'm working on the lighting for product photos and swatches.  I think it's getting better, but Trollop still photographed way darker than it is in person.)



Paraphrased from OCC:

OCC Lip Tars are 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free.  They are also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!


Overall:  10/10

8 comments:

  1. Wow these looks so pretty. Anime looks so pigmented and creamy.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am IN LOVE with them. They are fabulous. I'm going to have to pick up some more.

      Delete
  2. I love how creamy they look, might have to try one out myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely do. Their pigmentation and flexibility (so easy to mix colors) are well worth it.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE liptars but i never wear them... my boringness is overwhelming lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're not a daily staple for me, but when I do want a vibrant lip look, they can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I want to try these! They look so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome. You should definitely try them.

      Delete