Thursday, March 29, 2012

Review: E.L.F. All Over Color Sticks

I did my bronzer series and much in the same vein, I'm going to start a new series on highlighters.  I have tons of different highlighters in all sorts of formulas, brands and price points.  I wanted to start off the series with a brand that's accessible to almost anyone.

E.L.F. All Over Color Sticks
$1
4g of product

I have the following colors:

  • Pink Lemonade
  • Persimmon
  • Golden Peach


As you can see from the photos, they are well loved.  I'm kicking myself for not at least taking pictures of new products before using them over the last year.  

You get what you pay for, so as you can see there are some pretty big variations in packaging.  


Pink Lemonade is by far the most pigmented of the All Over Color sticks I have.  It is fairly iridescent, but it also has a good deal of pigmentation.  It definitely doesn't sheer out as much as the other colors and I use a very light hand with this one.  I don't know that I would ever use it as a straight up highlighter.  A shimmery cream blush, yes, but highlighter, no.

I didn't use a flash on this one and still it's so iridescent that it's hard to get a good feel for the color.  It's sort of a pinky purple beige.  It is incredibly reflective, but it does sheer out fairly well.  This is definitely a highlighter.  I don't think it has enough pigmentation to be a blush.


This is the color I tend to use the most.  It is very sheer, but had just enough color.  It's iridescent, but not overly so.  I use it interchangeably as either a highlighter or a blush.

I prefer the All Over Color Sticks for highlighting with E.L.F. products.  Their "official" highlighters, the Shimmering Facial Whips, do not impress me.  I only have 1, but it is incredibly sticky.  I have no idea why you would ever want to have a sticky face product, but I suspect the one dollar price tag has something to do with it.

I love the All Over Color sticks and at $1 each, they can't be beat.

Overall: 10/10


4 comments:

  1. I really like Pink Lemonade.. it`s the only one I have it`s really nice. Great review.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favorite of the three, but I do like it.

      Delete
  2. I like the Peach one, and for the price its definitely budget friendly. Great review!

    boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete