Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Lipglosses

I am going to have to try more products in the L'Oreal Infallible line.  I absolutely LOVE the Infallible Eyeshadows (OMG, have I really not done a blog post on them?  The horror!  I'll get on that stat.)  So when I saw the Infallible glosses, I decided to try them.

L'Oreal has at least 3 different Infallible Lipgloss lines.  There are:
  • 6 hour 
  • 8 hour "Le Gloss"
  • 8 hour plumping
I tried the 6 hour and the 8 hour glosses.

In the 6 hour, I tried #115, "Blush".  This stuff wears incredibly well.  6 hours?  Probably.  It's tacky rather than sticky like some other long wearing glosses I've tried.  The texture reminded me a lot of longwear lipsticks except without the need to put the gloss on top.  Overall, I'd say the formula is much more like a liquid lipstick than a gloss.

In the 8 hour formula, I tried #240, Glistening Berry.  This is a much more vibrant color than the 6 hour formula I tried and I can't say that I got two additional hours of weartime out of it.  I can chalk that up to the color being so much darker and therefore being much more apparent when it did start to fade.  I'd say that I did still get a solid 6 hours of wear out of it.  And like the 6 hour formula, the 8 hour is much more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss.


Gloss is not my favorite thing because it disappears so quickly on me and I feel like I do nothing but re-apply all day long.  But this product certainly solves that issue.


The product has a doe foot applicator.  The tube contains .21oz or 6.3 mL of product.  It retails for around $7 and comes in 20 shades.

This is a solid home run for me.

Overall: 10/10

Have you guys tried it yet?  What did you think?

I must admit, this is one of the most amusing product gimmicks I've seen in a while.  I hope you can read this, but there is a sticker on the top of the lip gloss that read "Mirror underneath".  So if you take off the sticker, supposedly you can use the top of the gloss as a mirror.  LOL!  This could be standard on glosses, I honestly don't buy them enough to know, but it really tickled me.






7 comments:

  1. I want to try out these glosses. I really like the Infallible lipsticks.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try them. I love them!

      Delete
  2. I am really loving the berry shade and I haven't tried them yet. Maybe in the near future. I know this may seem a little stupid, but what is the difference between tacky or sticky in your opinion? I hate a sticky lipgloss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question. I should have clarified that.

      By tacky I mean that when you press your lips together, you can definitely feel them stick a bit.

      But (for me at least) it's not like my hair gets caught in these glosses or they're so sticky that they'll transfer to other things like hair or cups and then be a pain to get off the other surface.

      They're sticky enough to stay put, but not sticky enough that they make a giant mess.

      Delete
  3. I have tried them and I honestly love them they last the period time
    It says on the container I bought the #115 on the 8 hour one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried them and I honestly love them they last the period time
    It says on the container I bought the #115 on the 8 hour one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried them and I honestly love them they last the period time
    It says on the container I bought the #115 on the 8 hour one

    ReplyDelete