Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: E.L.F. 100 eyeshadow palette

I posted a first impressions on this last week, but I wanted to follow up with an actual review.

As with all things, E.L.F, the price is right.  $10 for 100 eyeshadows.  It's a great buy for someone who wants to experiment with colors or textures they don't usually wear.  As with all the other E.L.F. palettes I've purchased, it's a mixed bag.  Some of the pans are great quality, others are total duds.

The styling on this palette is different from any of the other E.L.F. palettes I've purchased.  First off, it's white.  Every other palette I have from E.L.F. came in black packaging.  And as you can see from the photos below, the pans themselves are a lot more stylized than usual with mottled pans.  Personally, I love that.  I think this palette is really visually stunning.



Also, as with a lot of palettes with dozens of pans, a lot of the colors are really, really similar.  Witness the swatches of the 3 gray shades on the far right of the palette.  Can you tell a difference?  I really can't.


I think this is a good buy if you're on a budget or you just want to experiment with colors.  I don't think it's something I'd use a whole lot, but at this price point, it's great for those rare bold colored looks.

Overall: 8/10






4 comments:

  1. so many colors, but yes I cant see a difference between those greys but for the price is quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is excellent and the quality isn't bad. I'm a fan of E.L.F. in general.

      Delete
  2. yes this is truly a good buy! my first thought was how to decide which look to do first haha! have fun with this amazing palette!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I suspect I won't use it in nearly as interesting ways as you. But I can try ;)

      Delete