Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick #65 Ravishing Rouge



I've seen a lot of beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus from the UK talking about the Maybelline SuperStay 14hr Lipsticks laterly, specifically several of the reds.  Now, I'm sure there are great reasons for this, but I have no idea why the colors, names and numbering for products differ between the US and Europe.  A lot of times, the products look identical, but they're labeled completely differently.

Anyway, the specific colors of red lipsticks in this range that were touted by the UK bloggers and gurus aren't available in the US.  And I'm not sure how swatches between the UK name/number might line up with the US name/number.

So ... I just picked out what I thought was the prettiest red in the range, #65 Ravishing Rouge, and bought it.



Given the 14 hour claim, I was really expecting a different texture.  This lipstick goes on surprisingly sheer and glossy.  I needed a couple of passes to get complete opacity.  I expected it to be a thick or even latex-y feeling formula, but it was very light and thin.

(sunlight)

(flash)

(daybulb)

The color is a bright, true red.  The flash picture looks rather orangey, but I don't think it looks that way in real life.  It is just a very bright red.

Application was very smooth, given the lightweight formula, though as I said before, I did need a couple of passes.  It wore really well and also stained the lips.  I'm not sure I'd say it was a 14 hour wear time.  While my lips were still red after 14 hours, they were looking rather worse for the wear.

Maybelline SuperStay 14hr Lipsticks contain .12oz of product and retail for between $6 - $10 depending on where you buy them.

Overall: 8/10

2 comments: