Flower Beauty is the new cosmetics line from Drew Barrymore and the Maesa manufacturing group. It is sold exclusively through Wal-Mart stores and Walmart.com. The line launched in January 2013 and currently has 181 offerings ranging in price from $4.98 to $13.98. The category breakdowns are:
- Face - 70 items
- Lips - 51 items
- Eyes - 44 items
- Nails - 16 items
For this post, I'm concentrating on the lips. The lip line includes:
- Kiss Stick - Velvet Lip Color (matte lipstick)
- Kiss Stick - High Shine Lip Color
- Lip Service - Lip Butter
- Shine On - Lip Gloss Wand
- Sheer Up - Lip Tint (gloss stick)
- Line & Shine - Lip Liner
- Petite Fleurs - Lip Pocket Trios (3 lipsticks)
(L-R; Petunia Petals, Tender Tuberose, Sweet Peony, So Gladiola)
I picked up 4 of the Kiss Sticks (5 actually, but one will be a later post) which retails for $6.98 each. They each contain 3.5 grams of product.
- Velvet Lip Color in So Gladiola
- Velvet Lip Color in Tender Tuberose
- High Shine Lip Color in Petunia Petals
- High Shine Lip Color in Sweet Peony
(Petunia Petals, Tender Tuberose)
(Sweet Peony, So Gladiola)
(Sunlight, Daylight Bulbs)
- LS 16 - Petunia Petals is a High Shine lipstick. It is a bright blue-based berry pink. The color is very similar to MAC Moxie, but the finish is very different. It applied evenly and smoothly, but it took a couple of passes for it to be opaque. The formula is lightweight and moisturizing. It didn't stay shiny for me for very long, maybe an hour. I needed to re-apply after 3 hours.
- LS 12 - Sweet Peony is a High Shine lipstick. It is a neutral peachy pink. Like the other high shine lipstick, it applied evenly and smoothly, but took a couple of passes to be opaque. It and was moisturizing and comfortable on the lips with a similar wear time to Petunia Petals.
- LS 7 - So Gladiola is a Velvet Lip Color. It is a bright coral that leans very orange. It is opaque in one swipe, though it did skip a bit during application. It has a matte finish. This was not my favorite matte finish by far. I find both MAC and Rimmel's matte finishes to be easier to wear and less drying on my lips. Being matte, it did have a good wear time, but it was not comfortable and I ended up putting something else on my lips far before this color had worn off.
- LS 3 - Tender Tuberose is a Velvet Lip Color. It is a darkened pinky brown with a matte finish. I found this formula to be even drier than So Gladiola.
(MAC Moxie vs. Flower Petunia Petals)
Flower Beauty says they never test on animals, but I wouldn't vouch for them or their parent company being completely cruelty free.