Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Grande Dame

MAC revamped and relaunched their Mineralize range in early 2013.  They discontinued their Mineralize foundation, replacing it with the Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 foundation.  They also added a new range of 12 permanent Mineralize Rich lipsticks.

All of the packaging for the Mineralize products is similar, so the Mineralize Rich Lipstick bullets look different than any of the other MAC lipstick bullets.


The lid has a magnetic closure which holds the cap on securely.  The only other lipsticks I've seen with packaging like that are the Burberry lipsticks, so it may be gimmicky, but I like it ;)

Last weekend, I picked up the Mineralize Rich lipstick in Grande Dame.





MAC describes Grande Dame as "midtonal neutral rose cream".  Honestly, I'm not sure what the hell that is supposed to mean.  It's a medium neutral pink.  I don't think cream really applies as this is a slightly frosty lipstick with some super fine glitter.  Sitting here staring at the lipstick, I can definitely see the glitter in it, but I don't notice it at all on the lips (it should be noted that I am not particularly sensitive to texture on the lips, if you are, buyer beware.)



Grande Dame has surprisingly good color payoff, considering some swatches I've seen of the more vibrant colors.  I feel like Grande Dame really delivers on color.  And the texture is fantastic.  I find it super moisturizing without being sheer.  I also got really decent wear time out of it - 3 1/2 - 4 hours easily.


MAC Mineralize Rich Lipsticks contain .14oz of product and retail for $22.

Overall:  8/10

3 comments:

  1. Oh that's pretty, I don't like the packaging though, why did they make it different from the normal MAC tubes I wonder.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it at first either, but I have to say I'm sort of in love with the little magnet closure.

      Delete
  2. I just picked-up "Grande Dame" today and I love it. I'm glad MAC made this a permanent addition to their line. I actually like the new case; this lipstick is a few dollars more than the other finishes, so having updated packaging is kinda nice.

    ReplyDelete