Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sonia Kashuk Super Sheer Liquid Tint in Poppy


I'm a huge fan of blush.  I love powder blushes and I love cream blushes.  But up until I purchased the Sonia Kashuk Super Sheer Liquid Tint in #03 Poppy, I hadn't tried a liquid blush.


The packaging is weird.  More than most lines, I feel like the Sonia Kashuk cosmetics packaging is really random.  There doesn't seem to be much cohesiveness in look or performance of packaging across the line.  I do, however, love that it has a pump.  But trust me, it may take some time to get used to how much product to pump out.



It is a liquid blush, so it's no surprise that the formula was very runny.  Poppy is a bright pinky coral in the heavy swatch, but when sheered out on the cheeks, I think it leans more pink than peach.  The color is buildable.  I had the best results in applying several very thin layers, allowing the layers to dry before applying more.  The formula was not sticky when it tried down.

For a quick tinted moisturizer and just a wash of color on the cheeks look, this product is great.  And from the name alone, I have to assume that is what the product was created for.  Some people could really love this for spring and summer.

For me, this is definitely a novelty and not a daily go-to.  If you want noticeable color (nevermind dramatic), it just takes more time than I'm willing to invest.


Sonia Kashuk Super Sheer Liquid Tint contains 17mL of product and retails for $9.79 at Target.

Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like this, might check this out the next time I go to the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a look. There aren't many liquid blushes in this price point.

      Delete