Friday, March 1, 2013

Makeup Geek Lipstick in Elegant


I mentioned a while ago that I picked up a couple of the new Makeup Geek lipsticks and eyeshadows.  One of the lipsticks I picked up was this beautiful vampy matte red called Elegant.  The color is described by Makeup Geek as "Deep Red".  It is listed as a dupe for MAC Ruby Woo and it has a matte finish.


The color is definitely a deep, vampy red.  It doesn't read particularly blue or orange to me, but maybe slightly brown (without being orange).

The Makeup Geek matte formula seems to be very dry.  Even using Ruby Woo as a comparison, it's dry.  As you can tell from the swatch, it applies somewhat unevenly and there is a good bit of feathering.  Of course, the upside to a formula this dry is that it definitely has a good wear time - enhanced (if you want to look at it that way) by the fact that it stains your lips.


Makeup Geek lipsticks contain 1.8 grams of product  and retail for $7.99.  Makeup Geek lipsticks are currently available in 16 shades with a variety of finishes.

Personally, I like this lipstick.  It's not the most comfortable to wear, but at this price point I am willing to deal with it.  I absolutely love the color and I don't mind that it stains.

Overall: 8/10