Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stila Convertible Color in Peony


Over the years, I've tried out quite a few Stila products and for the most part I've just been underwhelmed.  But I had heard great things about the Stila Convertible Color so I decided to give the brand another try.  My love of cream blushes plays into this heavily.  

I love me some cream blush and for me, at least, that's what this is.  I don't care if they say you can use it on cheeks and lips, I'm not using it on my lips.  Now, I know, the idea is that wow, isn't a dual use product great!  But in practice, it almost never turns out well.  Because your lips and your cheeks really have different requirements from color cosmetics, so trying to find a product that works well for one almost by definition means it won't perform great for the other.

So for the purpose of this review, I am evaluating this product strictly as a cream blush.


I can't find any official description of this color on the Stila site, just swatches that actually look nothing like the product in the pan.  I thought looking at the swatches, and even at the pan to some extent, that it would be a pinky brown.   It's not.  


As you can see from the swatches, it's a peachy brown which ventures really close to orange.  The sheerer it is, the more peachy it looks.



The formula is on the thicker side, especially for a cream blush.  And stickier too.  It dries down, but still retains some tackiness, though, thankfully, no outright stickiness.  I found it difficult to build the product up simply because it was so tacky.


Overall, I'm not blown away by this product.  Not by the color and not by the formula.  I would be curious to try it in another color to see if it is just the color that has me so underwhelmed or if it really is the formula.  But I'm certainly not willing to fork over any more money to try it out.

The Stila Convertible Colors contain 4.25 grams of product and retail for $25 wherever Stila is sold.

Overall: 5/10

2 comments:

  1. I have a smaller travel size of this and I love it, I just love how natural it looks. At first the color didn't appeal to me either, but I am starting to enjoy it more and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try this color again as it warms up and I'm using more bronzer. I think it may work better at that point. Right now I'm just so pale it looks weirdly orangy brown on me. Maybe more bronzed up, it will lean peachy.

      Delete