Thursday, March 7, 2013

Benefit 3D Brightening Face Powder in Bella Bamba


Benefit describes its Bella Bamba box of powder as a 3D watermelon pink.  I'm not exactly sure what the 3D is other than sparkle.  Seriously?  Can someone tell me?  What the hell is the 3D claim on their blushes?


At first glance I thought that this was just a dupe for NARS Orgasm (because I need another one of those. Ha!), but on closer look, Bella Bamba is nowhere near as peachy or sparkly as Orgasm.  Bella Bamba is decidedly pink, not peach and despite all the claims of 3D, I didn't find it to be overwhelmingly sparkly.  

Also, for a Benefit product, I was surprised that the color payoff wasn't better.  You can definitely get payoff, but you sort of have to work at it.  I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the gimmicky packaging (this was a Sephora Beauty Insider perk) or if the bigger box o' powders have this issue as well.


Because this is just a deluxe sample I really can't speak to the thing that I know tends to drive people nuts about the Benefit blushes - the cardboard flip top packaging.  Not that this plastic clamshell packaging is much better, IMO.


The Benefit blushes seem to vary in the amount of product they contain.  Bella Bamba currently contains 8 grams of product for $28.

I think this is a really nice blush.  Despite the 3D claims, it wasn't a glitter bomb.  The texture of the blush was really nice.  It blended out without a problem, but you can also easily build it up if that's what you're wanting.

Overall: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you have the travel size of this and I have the full size of this while I have the travel size of the STILA convertible color and you have the full size. Lol sorry, just had to point that out.

    ReplyDelete