Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: Quo Bronzer

This is yet another item I received in a swap.  This particular item is from my swap with Carly.  This is the Quo Bronzer in California Sun.  This item is exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

Look at this packaging.  I am in love with it.


And even prettier than the packaging, here is the product.  This bronzer is just beautiful to look at.


There are five distinct veins of color running through this palette.  The top two colors and the bottom color are all shimmery with some glitter (not overpowering).  The two middle shades are both matte.

I think trying to use the different veins individually would be very difficult, so I always just swirl them together.  Despite the fact that some of the colors contain glitter, the overall effect has a light sheen, but isn't glittery.  The pigmentation is fantastic, but it does sheer out easily.

swatch under daylight bulbs

swatch in sunlight



The different colors do have different textures, so they tend to wear differently as you use the product.  The glittery shades are softer and so the brush does tend to pick up more of those shades than the firmer matte shades.  It's just something to be aware of, but in no way a deal breaker for me.

I love everything about this bronzer.  I love the packaging, I love the color, I love the styling on the product itself.  The only downside is that it's only available in Canada :(

Overall:  9/10

6 comments:

  1. Wow it looks so gorgeous! Love the packaging too!
    I didn't know u did a swap! I love swaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very pretty, but the one thing to remember, for me anyway is bronzes can last a very long time and that looks like a nice big one. You do the best reviews if anyone, love them.
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously don't think there is any danger that I will ever run out of bronzer. Like ... EVER. I have so many of them. LOL.

      Delete
  3. The packaging looks so fun and the color of the bronzer itself is amazing. Definitely a great product!!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. If you have the chance to try it out, definitely do.

      Delete