Friday, June 8, 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

So I know the beauty blogosphere has been overrun with posts about the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and so here I am to add my own $0.02.
(borrowed from Revlon)


I have to say that I have used the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains that came out last year and I despised them.  It seemed like no matter what color I tried, they all went extremely purple - despite the fact that my lips aren't very pigmented - and made me look like a corpse.  I actually ended up just pitching a couple of them.

Now Revlon is Back with the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.  On first glance, the product reminds me a lot of my NARS Matte Velvet Gloss Pencil.  I don't think the NARS pencils are supposed to be stains, but in my experience that is exactly what they did.


I picked up two of these balm stains in Sweetheart - bright blue-based pink, and Rendezvous - bright coral. 



In my experience it wore well for a good three hours - looking pristine.  It did wear for six hours, but by that time the color had darkened considerably.  It did stain evenly and I wasn't left with streaky lips, which is absolutely key for me with any product that markets itself as a stain.  If it stains unevenly, it's not worth anything to me.

Here is Sweetheart on the lips:


Overall, I am in love with these balm stains.  Like I said, they seem to work as well as the NARS gloss pencils, but at a fraction of the price.  These are quick and easy, they have great pigmentation and phenomenal staying power.

Overall: 10/10

9 comments:

  1. If they are same as NARS I really look forward to them being released in the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, they are really, really similar in quality. And MUCH cheaper.

      Delete
  2. I have one and I'm totally in love! I think I might even pick up a red one! I only have a light pink one so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm definitely going to pick up a few more colors.

      Delete
  3. I'm not very familiar with lip-stains but these seem like a good buy, I will have to be brave and try one out.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them. Definitely do a review if you try them out.

      Delete
    2. I just bought one in Honey so I'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  4. Oooooo! I cant wait to pick some of these up on holiday! They look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let me know what you think when you try them out!

      Delete