Monday, June 4, 2012

Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Fearless

I absolutely love Dustin Hunter and if you don't know who he is, I suggest you run - do not walk - to his YouTube channel and watch all of his videos RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, a while ago he did a video haul that included the Estee Lauder Pure Color Blushes and in particular, the limited edition blushes for the Macy's Brasil Dreams collection.

I tried out the new Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid foundation a while ago, but aside from that I'm not very familiar at all with the line.  Based on Dustin's review and my own love for blush, I decided to try out some of the Pure Color blushes, which are all re-formulated and re-launched.

As far as I can tell, there are 16 of the regular Estee Lauder Pure Color Blushes and then 3 additional Macy's exclusive in the Brasil Dreams collection.  I really like the packaging on the Pure Color Color blushes.  The blush pan is square.  I don't have a good reason for why I love certain geometry so much, but I do (see also my love for Butter LONDON polish).

Most of the regular Pure Color line are very wearable colors.  The Brasil Dreams collection are incredibly bold in the pan.   I ended up picking up the Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in #26, Fearless.


Fearless is a satin finish.  It is a very bright blue-based pink.  It is one of the limited edition blushes for the Macy's Brasil Dreams collection.  This is not your grandma's blush, trust me.



here it is applied lightly.  
On the lips is the new Revlon Just Bitten balm stain in sweetheart (review coming soon)




The Estee Lauder Pure Color Blushes contain 7 grams of product and retail for $28.  

The Brasil Dreams collection is available only at Macy's and contains Fearless (bright blue-pink), Naughty (bold orange) and Siren (dark rose red).  Be aware that the options on the Macy's website are not correct.  Fearless is pink, Siren is red.  

This is not my favorite blush of all time, but I am really impressed with the pigmentation and the formula.  Even applied lightly, it wore for at least 7 hours on me with minimal fading.

Overall:  9/10

7 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous blush. Very bold.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Lovelovelove Dustin:) Great review. I live in Canada so unfortunately not available to me - in this instance I don't mind! lol .. they are gorgeous at any rate! ox Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you couldn't get Estee Lauder in Canada. It seems so random which brands are available and which aren't.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is. It's definitely one of the bolder blushes I have. I'm going to have to check out something more wearable from this line.

      Delete
  4. It looks so purple on my screen. I whish it was as purple in real life because I love purple-ish blushes!! (the bluer the better actually (for my very fair complexion, was concidering using eyeshadow on my cheeks)

    ReplyDelete