Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review: NARS Cream Blush in Cactus Flower

So if you've ever read this blog before, you already know that I have a blush problem and in particular, cream blushes are a weakness of mine.  This first step is admitting you have a problem, so there :P

In several of her videos, Audra has talked about the NARS Cream Blush in cactus flower.  Cactus Flower is described by NARS as "delicate shimmering poppy".




It is a very red coral with a very fine gold microglitter that gives it a very glowy almost iridescent finish in the pan.  On the cheeks the gold is much less noticeable but if you like matte blushes, you'll probably want to pass this one up.  

sunlight

indirect natural light


daylight fluorescent bulb

The formula is very pigmented, just a light tap of my finger into the product is more than enough for one application.  It does sheer out fairly easily and the color is very wearable by someone like myself who is on the pasty side of pale.  The formula is very wet and has a lot of slip when first applied, but it dries down nicely.



I think this is one of my more favorite cream blush formulas.  It is super pigmented, glides on so smoothly and then dries down nicely.  I really love the subtle gold sheen from the microglitter - very reminiscent of their powder blush, Orgasm.

The NARS Cream Blushes contain 5.5 grams of product and retail for $28 wherever NARS is sold.

Overall: 9/10

12 comments:

  1. I have been lusting after this gorgeous blush for so long, but in Australia it's worth a whopping $45!!! Not sure if I can part with that amount :(
    Looks great though :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy cow. Yeah, I'm not sure I'd pay $45 for it, but I do like it.

      Delete
  2. I love cream blushes and mostly because i have dry skin. This color looks grogeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cream blushes as well. This is my first time trying one from NARS.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried cream blusher in my life cos I use compact powder and I guess that cream blushes can not be used on them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't think they would work well over powder or mineral foundation :(

      Delete
  4. That looks like the regular redness in my cheek area; so I guess I can skip this one! Great review though. Have you tried other NARS cream blushes? If so, which one's and did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My "redness" tends to be very pinky, so this is a change of pace for me. I haven't tried other NARS cream blushes, but I definitely will in the future.

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous. NARS is always on point with its blushes.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are. I can't wait to try more in this line.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I was just looking at this in the shop a few days ago but couldn't bring myself to buy it. Now I know it will be mine very soon! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I'm going to check out more of the NARS cream blushes.

      Delete