Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review: Sleek Bad Girl Eyeshadow Palette

In April in was lucky enough to get some awesome goodies from Katie.  It's take me a while, but I'm finally getting around to swatching everything she sent.  (Holy procrastination, Batman.  I've been loving everything she sent, I just haven't been good about taking pictures.)

So first up is the Sleek Bad Girl Eyeshadow Palette



The labels are so reflective that it was hard to photograph, but here goes:


So as you could have guessed from the name, the shadows in the Bad Girl palette tend to be darker, vampy even and then a couple of highlight shades.  

First off, I have to say that I was so thrilled to get this palette.  I'd seen several YouTube videos from people in the UK using this palette and it just completely bums me out that it is such a pain to try and get Sleek items in the US.  I'd pretty much given up on ever getting anything from Sleek and then lo and behold, this beauty arrived.  :D

As you can tell from the pictures, some of the colors are very similar, but the textures are quite different.  Some of the shades are pearlescent and the others are matte.

And now, on to the swatches.  All colors are swatched dry with no primer.

First, is the top row of the palette, which overall had a consistency that was okay, but not fantastic, especially on the lighter shades.


The bottom row, in contrast, had phenomenal color payoff and texture.


The Bad Girl palette contains 12 shadows which contain 1.1grams each for a total of 13.1 grams.

Overall: 9/10

4 comments:

  1. I have the good girl palette (which is basically all pinks lol) and another Sleek Palette (not in the UK either - luckily Sleek's website ships to my country!) and I do love them! The palettes I have are so highly pigmented, and by the looks of that second row, this one is going on my wishlist next ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice palette. I have to say that some of the colors are disappointingly similar, but overall, it's still a staple palette.

      Delete
  2. I really want to try some Sleek products, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been so impressed with them. You should definitely give them a try.

      Delete