Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Flushed

This is another of the Revlon PhotoReady Cream blushes.  I already reviewed Coral Reef and next up is Flushed.

These PhotoReady cream blushes are part of the Revlon summer Escapism collection and as far as I know, they are not part of the permanent line.  I've seen them at Walgreens and Ulta in my area, but nowhere else.

The photos are a little dark.  In the pot, the blush looks very neon hot pink.  On the skin, it's much less dramatic.



I just sort of had to glob it on to get the heavy swatch because despite how scary it looks, it is actually pretty sheer.  

Flushed, unlike Coral Reef, didn't fade into nothing after it was applied.  It actually wore really well - at least 10 hours before fading.  It's a very blue based pink, so if that's not your thing you may want to avoid this one.  But then again, it can be really sheered out so maybe it could work.

I still feel on the fence about this entire Revlon PhotoReady cream blush line.  The pigmentation from Flushed (and Pinched too, review will be up soon) was much better than the pigmentation from Coral Reef.  Wear time was good.  

Flushed and Pinched dried down a lot better than Coral Reef.  They didn't go powdery as much as the regular Revlon cream blushes, but they were much close to a cream-to-powder formula than I got from Coral Reef.









Again, don't mind the squinty eyes.  Damn morning sun.  I wore Flushed the other day when I tried out my NARS Velvet Gloss Pencil.

Overall:  8/10

8 comments:

  1. Oh this look like a pretty color. I haven't tried too many Revlon lip products, but this looks like something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice that it comes out a little more sheer but I think for such a lovely color it could be a tad brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the pigmentation, but it was way better than coral reef.

      Delete
  3. Oooo i'm a sucker for creme blush it looks mega pretty! Illamasqua and Nyx creme blushes are laaaavly! =D

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really love cream blushes too. Well, I love all blushes, but cream blushes definitely make me happy.

      Delete
  4. This is really pretty for those of us who like the more sheer blush

    ReplyDelete