Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: Boots No7 Intensive Moisture Face Mask

A couple weeks ago I was on the hunt for a good moisturizing mask, so I picked up the Boots No7 Intensive Moisture Face Mask at Target for $19.99.

Here's what Boots has to say about the product:


An intensively quenching treat for softer, smoother skin. With caring vitamins A, C and E, plus invigorating apple extract to brighten your skin. This deliciously soft, lightly whipped gel-cream will leave your skin feeling softer, plumper and looking more youthful.
Created with Care. We've created this hypo-allergenic product using only ingredients we know and trust. It has been tried and tested by guests with even the most sensitive skin, so you'll know it will be good to yours. Dermatologically tested.

How to Use
Support a good cleansing regime by applying to cleansed and toned skin once or twice a week. Massage gently onto your face and neck avoiding the eye area. Relax for 5 minutes, wipe off and rinse away. For a more intense treat, leave on for up to 10 minutes, or apply a thin layer before bedtime and wake to really refreshed and hydrated skin.

It doesn't take much product to get coverage, so this bottle would last for a good bit of time.

So like I said, I was looking for moisture from this mask.  I wasn't looking for exfoliation or deep cleansing or anything.  I wanted moisture.

Did I get moisture?





No. It burned.  A lot.

I wish I really had more to say about this product, but that is really the takeaway for me.  This irritated the crap out of my face.  I did try it 3 separate times over several weeks under different conditions to see if it was something I was doing that was causing the adverse reaction, but couldn't find any application of this product that did not just completely irritate my skin.

I do understand that some masks will be more irritating than others, but I was specifically looking for something that was just really hydrating and I did not get hydration out of this.  The irritation lasted for probably 10 hours before my skin finally calmed down again.  And then when it did calm down, no hydration.

For the record, since the bottle says that you can apply a light layer and leave it on overnight, I decided to try it on the backs of my hands and the bottoms of my feet.  It did absolutely nothing.  This product is a total fail for me.

The container has 3.33 fl. oz.

Overall:  0/10

1 comment:

  1. Well that is disappointing! If it burns me I usually don't keep retrying it. That is the one thing that stops me almost immediately with skincare.

    ReplyDelete