Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Milani Shadow Eyez!

I've been on the lookout for the Milani Shadow Eyez for weeks and I finally found them at CVS this week.  I was so excited!


I picked up 3 colors:
  • 04 Green Safari
  • 02 Brown Deluxe
  • 03 Champagne Toast
They also have a white, purple and blue, but I passed on those.  I already have the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in milk, so I didn't need the white.  And like so many people, I picked up the Urban Decay 24/7 shadow pencil set so I already have a purple and blue.

I was most excited about the Shadow Eyez in Champagne Toast.  I thought it looked like a dupe for Urban Decay's 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin.  I love that pencil from Urban Decay.  I use it several times a week.

You can still get the 24/7 Shadow Pencils in Sin.  They are $20 for  2.8g of product.  The Milani Shadow Eyez pencils are also 2.8g of product, but they retail for $5.99 at CVS, so they are much more budget friendly.

Anyway, back to the dupe issue.  Here is the Milani pencil and the Urban Decay pencil.


Swatch with no flash:


Swatch in sunlight:


The Milani pencil is pretty much an exact dupe.  I will say that the Urban Decay pencil does wear a bit longer, but the Milani pencil is definitely great quality and it's about a quarter of the price.

Have you guys tried out the Milani Shadow Eyez pencils?  What do you think?



11 comments:

  1. I have a few of the Milani one's and I love them just as much if not more than my urban decay one's because they are so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The price point is fantastic and the quality is pretty much on par.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for showing the dupe! It's a fantastic color and much cheaper!!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with this color. And yeah, so much more affordable.

      Delete
  3. Not familiar with the brand - probably not in Canadian stores. I must say the one you swatched is beautiful. I use similar chubby eye pencils from Yves Rocher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Milani can be kind of hard to find, even in the US. Retailers who do carry it rarely carry the full line in my experience. But their products are worth checking out if you can. I think drugstore.com carries them.

      Delete
    2. Ooh I just found out that a local large Grocery chain carries Milani cosmetics. I can go check these out now! yippe :)

      Delete
  4. they look like great products!

    love your blog, it's so informative, definitely going to be a new follower!

    from, helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are identical! I just got my first UD shadow pencil in a swap and WOW, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am absolutely loving shadow pencils lately.

      Delete