Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: MAC Dainty Mineralize Blush

This will be the first in a series of reviews on products that I swapped for rather than purchasing.  I swap on Make Up Alley.  Some of the swaps have been great.  Others, not so much.  This swap was fantastic.

I swapped with Kristina whose MUA handle is krissyb1979.  I traded my Naked palette for her bottle of MAC Matchmaster 1.0 (which I *LOVE*) and she included the MAC Dainty Mineralize blush.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of mineralized or baked cosmetics, but you all know about my blush problem, so of course, I had to try it out.  



MAC describes the color as "light yellow pink with gold pearl".  I don't really know that it's a gold pearl.  There is gold glitter in it.  It has great pigmentation, but it's very versatile.  You can sheer it out easily or apply it more heavily for a bolder look.

The texture and pigmentation are really similar to the Milani baked blushes I've tried, though the MAC price point is nowhere near as tempting.



The MAC Mineralize Blushes are packaged in the same size pans as the non-mineralized blushes, but because they're baked, they're not as dense so they only contain 3.5 grams of product as opposed to the regular MAC blushes which contain 6 grams of product.

And despite containing less product, the Mineralize blushes are more expensive as well.  The regular MAC blushes retail for $20, while the Mineralize blushes are $23.50.

I love the color and texture of this blush.

Overall: 9/10

6 comments:

  1. I recently bought this in a blog sale, I really like it, but I might have to scout ebay for milani blushes if you say they are as good! I don't think I'd have bought this full price :/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Milani blushes are very, very similar and I am equally impressed with them. They are also much more affordable than the MAC Mineralized blushes.

      Delete
  2. Ohh this looks beautiful! I love blushes, and this one is lovely! :) Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like this blush a lot.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I have looked at this one a couple different times and just haven't picked it up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just threw it in on our swap as a freebie, but I have been so happy with it.

      Delete