Friday, March 7, 2014

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 755 Gilded Envy


The L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in 755 Gilded Envy is a new shade that launched with the L'Oreal Butterfly collection.  I believe it's permanent.  I've seen it pretty much everywhere that L'Oreal Infallible shadows are carried.


L'Oreal doesn't offer a specific description as far as I can tell.  It's a very golden green.  In the pan, it looks much more green than it shows up on the skin.  On the skin, it's definitely a tarnished gold color.


Personally, I find the Infallible shadows to vary a lot in texture from silky smooth to a chunky nightmare to apply.  Gilded envy is on the chunkier side to me, but it does apply well (unlike my much loved Amber Rush - beautiful color, total pain to apply).  It has good pigmentation, but sometimes it takes a bit of work to make sure you have uniform color coverage.


As with all of the L'Oreal Infallible shadows I've tried, it wore really well.  I don't know that I buy the 24 hour claim, but it definitely holds up for the work day.  


L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow in 755 Gilded Envy contains 3.5 grams of product and retails for $5 - 10 depending on where you're purchasing.  I picked mine up at CVS on a BOGO1/2 off.

Overall:  7/10