Thursday, March 6, 2014

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils in Naked and Wicked


I am emphatically not a lip liner person.  I own four of them.  When the re-formulated Urban Decay 24/7 lip liners launched, I was curious, but I could not justify the $20 cost, especially for something I wouldn't use often.


However ... the other day I stopped by Nordstrom Rack and they had several colors of the lip liner for $7.  So, I picked up Wicked and Naked.  I believe that these two are from before the line was re-formulated, but if anyone knows more, please let me know.  My Naked definitely doesn't seem to line up to swatches of the current release of Naked and Wicked doesn't seem to be a current color.

I like that you can tell from the packaging if it is a matte or sparkly finish.  You can see above that Wicked's packaging has sparkles and Naked's packaging does not.


Both lip liners are very pigmented and apply well, especially for lip liners.  I don't know that I'd call them creamy, but they definitely don't have the colored pencil texture of some lip liners where you feel like you're going to damage yourself trying to apply them.  

Wicked is a medium berry pink with sparkles.  

Naked is a nude-y brown that leans orange.  It has a matte finish. 

I noticed a bit of staining from both colors, but nothing crazy and if you have more pigmented lips, it's likely you wouldn't notice anything at all.  I tend to wear them under glosses (NYX butter glosses specifically) and they're comfortable with decent 4-5 hour wear time, which is very good for anything under a gloss in my experience.


Both colors applied evenly and wore very well.  I didn't notice a particularly gritty finish from Wicked, but I'm also not terribly sensitive to texture in lipsticks, so your mileage may vary considerably.  


The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils contain .04 oz of product and retail for $20, unless you find them at Nordstrom Rack, where you can get them for $7.  I don't know how or why Nordstrom Rack has them, considering Nordstrom doesn't carry the line, but it's a great deal, so if you're interested, check them out.  I really don't see myself ever paying full retail for these, but on clearance, I feel like they're a good buy.

Overall:  8/10