Thursday, March 27, 2014

Jane shimmer eyeshadow in River Rock


I picked up this shadow a month or so ago at Ulta.  I have a few very old Jane shadows, which were quite forgettable, but I was curious about the brand since it re-launched.  I decided to pick up the Jane shimmer eyeshadow in River Rock.



I have a couple of the Jane shadows and they're all the shimmer shadows.  Since it's a drugstore brand, there aren't testers, at least not at my Ulta.  From YouTube reviews, it seemed like the shimmer shadows are good, but the other finishes are hit and miss.  I have to say I am very happy with the shimmer shadows.


River Rock is a pewter shadow with a good deal of multicolored shimmer in it.  I think it performs really well.  I don't get much fallout with it and it wears well through the day.  I'm not exactly sure how/where Jane is trying to position itself in the market.  They're pricey for a drugstore brand, but less than a low-mid-range like the Sephora house brand.  I don't know.  I feel like they're having a bit of an identity crisis, but maybe that's just me.


Jane Shimmer Eyeshadows contain 2.5 grams of product and retail for $8.  I picked mine up at Ulta.

Overall:  7/10