Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Lipstick in Paris

I have no idea what's up with the Le Metier de Beaute brand.  It looks like most of the major retailers, Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus, etc, have very limited stock of their items.  The brand's facebook page still seems fairly active, so maybe they're just between collections.

colour core lipstick in Paris

Anyway ... this is a brand I'm curious about.  Le Metier de Beaute is very pricey and there are no counters anywhere near me, so I'm very reluctant to shell out the money for an unknown.  Usually.  However, on some of the makeup sites I read, people mentioned that a lot of products were available at deep discounts at Saks Off Fifth (Saks Fifth Avenue's overstock/outlet brick and mortar store).

There is a Saks Off Fifth just up the road from me, so I stopped in last weekend.  I was disappointed because there was nothing from Le Metier de Beaute to be found in their regular cosmetics area, but as I looked around, I found a display right near the counter and it was deeply discounted.  The sticker price on the Le Metier de Beaute items were about 65% off each and then when they rang up at the register, they gave me an additional 10 - 20% off (I'm not sure why, but I'm not complaining) per item.

One of the items I picked up is this beauty.  It's the Colour Core Lipstick in Paris and it is a bright cool fuchsia pink.  I don't think this is quite radiant orchid, but it's close and either way, it's perfect for spring.


The packaging is interesting, and not necessarily in a good way as far as I'm concerned.  The bullet is encased in a black rubberized coating very similar to NARS packaging.  It's difficult to tell from my pictures, but the bullet is actually ribbed.  So black rubberized coating plus ribbed texture mean that this thing is going to pick up and hold on to every bit of dust, powder or light colored liquid and cream product it comes into contact with, which does not please me.  The bullet is very slim and is very easy to knock over, which is also a pet peeve of mine. 



The lipstick itself is a bit on the sheer side.  It took several passes to get full opacity.  The formula feels lightweight and fairly moisturizing on the lips.  I wear all lipsticks on top of MAC's Prep+Prime lip primer, which undoubtedly extends wear time, but I got a solid 4 hours out of this formula with only minor staining.


Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Lipsticks contain 3.8 grams of product and typically retail for $32.  I got this on clearance at Saks Off Fifth for around $7.  I'm not impressed enough with the packaging or the formula to seek out more of this brand at full price, but at $7 they're totally worth it.

Have any of you checked out the Le Metier de Beaute sale at Saks Off Fifth?  If so, what did you pick up?

Overall:  7/10