Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nude Glow


The Bobbi Brown Nude Glow limited edition Shimmer Brick launched with the Bobbi Brown holiday 2013 collection.  Technically it's a highlighter, but I knew from looking at it that on my skin, it would be a blush. 



I'm not overly familiar with Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks.  I've had one in my collection for years, but I never use it.  The other one I have is the little strips and I just hate the form factor of it.  I much prefer this type of presentation with the four big blocks of colors as opposed to all the little strips.  Also, since these are fairly sizeable blocks of color, it is much easier to use the shades individually as face or eye colors.

together on the left, individual swatches on the right

I've seen swatches of this product from bloggers who are much warmer and much darker than I am and on them it looks very pale pinky champagne.  On me, not so much.  Not that I'm complaining.  On my skintone, it is definitely champagne colored, but much warmer and darker.  This product is absolutely not a highlighter on me, but it is a very lovely blush.


individual blocks swatched, top row, then bottom row

all blocks swirled together.

Despite being called a Shimmer Brick, there isn't a lot of shimmer.  The colors are very metallic and definitely impart a whole lot of sheen, but there isn't any actual chunky glitter in it.  The product is soft and blends out easily.  The texture seemed consistent across the palette.  That's something I'm always worried about with products that have different shades mooshed up against one another.  I find it super annoying when some shades have a completely different texture and color payoff to others in the pan.  But this shimmer brick was very consistent in texture and color payoff, both of which were excellent.



This Shimmer Brick  contains 6.5 grams of product, which is a good amount, though not overly generous.  The product retails for $45.  As of the writing of this review, it is still available at some online retailers and I saw it on counter last weekend, so it's still out there.

Overall:  8/10