Wednesday, August 7, 2013

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in #343 Cherie Merie


L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in #343 Cherie Merie is limited edition and was released with the L'Oreal Summer 2013 collection.  I have been on the lookout for this eyeshadow since I saw the first press releases back in May.

I have looked everywhere for this color.  I have looked at places like Ulta, Beauty.com, every drugstore I've wandered into all summer, Target, Wal-Mart, you name it.  I even tried trading for it on Makeup Alley and no dice.



This morning, I stopped by Wal-Mart to pick up some file boxes and low and behold, there on an endcap was Cherie Merie.



Even after all the hype, I have to say that this color does not disappoint.  It is a rich, warm coral.  It does contain gold microglitter and it has a lovely sheen, but it definitely isn't sparkly on the lid.

Like most of the Infallible eyeshadows, it had phenomenal color payoff.  The only downside?  This color stains like crazy.  


The L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in #343, Cherie Merie, is limited edition, but theorhetically available wherever L'Oreal is sold (good luck finding it).  It contains 3.5 grams of product.  I picked mine up for $6.97 at Wal-Mart.

Overall:  8/10

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is, I was so happy to find it!

      Delete
  2. As always, your reviews are the BEST! Is the infallible supposed to be powdery? I bought a couple at Big Lots, I dropped one and it was all powder, I'm afraid to open the other one because I already have infallible e/s all over my bathroom. The more I tried to clean the worse it became.
    Hope your summer is going great!
    Love you
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pressed pigments, so yes, they definitely can be powder bombs if you drop them. The more metallic, sparkly shades aren't as bad for that as the matte shadows. Overall, if you don't drop them, they do tend to stay packed fairly well. But, wow, what a mess to clean up! I spilled some powder bronzer in my office and that carpet will never be the same.

      Delete
  3. Omg,I always comment on every post but they never go through! Yay!

    ReplyDelete