Monday, August 12, 2013

New York Color Individual Eyes in #945 Midtown Mauve

Shiv at LetzMakeup mentioned the NYC palettes a while ago and I got curious.  I swear, I haven't used NYC in at least two decades and I figured maybe it was time to give them another try.

I decided to pick up the Individual Eyes palette in #945, Midtown Mauve.  It's also branded as the new Brown Eyes palette.  (I really don't think this is a new product.)


The palette contains 4 eyeshadow shades, a primer and a cream highlight along with directions on which color to apply where.

(L-R: Contour, Lid, Crease, Highlight)


  • Contour - matte dark plum with a tiny bit of glitter. Good payoff. Blendable.
  • All over lid color - very cool toned satin light pink.  Okay payoff, especially for such a light color.
  • Crease - satin mauve/taupe with good payoff. Soft. Blendable.
  • Highlight - matte white.  Bad payoff, but pretty much what I would expect at this price point.



Also included in the palette are an eyeshadow primer and a cream highlight.  They are both very emolient and in my experience, neither one of them really dried down.  

If you're someone who regularly uses concealers as primer, then I could see this working for you.  I would personally be afraid that it would crease, but I didn't put a lot of effort into testing it.  

The cream highlighter is very white and shimmery.  It can apply a bit patchy.  All in all, this is a total miss for me.  I don't have any desire to really try it out.  It's just not for me.




Overall, the shadows aren't bad. I really, really like the taupe-y color and it alone is worth the price of the palette for me. Speaking of price, this palette was incredibly budget friendly.

The NYC Individual Eyes Brown Eyes palette in #945 Midtown Mauve contains 1.6 grams of each of the powder eyeshadows and 1.45 grams each for the cream products. It is available whereever NYC cosmetics are sold. I got mine at for $3.97 at Wal-Mart

Overall: 6/10

2 comments: