Friday, August 16, 2013

Hard Candy Eye Def Metallic Eyeshadow in #426 Golden Earth



Yes, my Hard Candy kick continues with the Hard Candy Eye Def Metallic Eyeshadow in #426 Golden Earth.  I was super impressed with the other Hard Candy cream eyeshadows I've tried, so I didn't hesitate to pick up the metallic cream eyeshadow.

(The Eye Def range also includes Glitter shadows, which I have not tried.)


This definitely is metallic, but sheered out (as you can see above on the right), it's very wearable.  Applied heavily it is a full on metallic bronze.  Sheered out it is much warmer, redder and softer, not as metallic.  

The eyeshadow has a thick cream texture that is easily applied with the doe foot applicator.  The packaging itself is underwhelming.  It's a super long plastic tube with an equally long applicator wand.  I suspect that you would waste a lot of product because of the packaging, but since there's virtually no danger of me ever running out of any of my color cosmetics, it's not something I'm going to worry about, especially at this price point.

It sheers out easily and it dries down quickly.  It's perhaps not quite as quick to set as the Hard Candy liquid eyeshadow, but it is set in less than a minute and I didn't find it prone to creasing as it dried.  I did not leave my eyes closed while it set, though you certainly could if you're worried about it.  It does dry quickly enough that I would recommend applying it to one eye at a time.  Once it is set, it is very budge proof and not at all tacky.  It does need to be removed with an oil cleanser or oil based makeup remover.



The Hard Candy Eye Def Metallic Eyeshadow contains 12.6 grams of product and comes in 9 shades.
It retails exclusively at Wal-Mart for $6.

Overall:  8/10