Monday, June 10, 2013

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in #280 Rapture


In the process of trying to find a good coral lipstick for summer, I picked up the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in #280, Rapture.  It is a nude/coral with a frost finish.




I'm not a fan of frost lipsticks at all, but this one isn't bad.  It isn't super reflective and the color is dark enough that I didn't feel like it gave me the dreaded jizz lips.  The formula on this lipstick is nice.  It's very creamy and easy to wear.  Not super moisturizing, but comfortable and not at all drying.


I did need a couple of swipes to get opaque coverage, but the lipstick is very pigmented and despite it being a creamy formula, I didn't have a problem with it migrating and feathering.


CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks contain .12 oz of product and retail for around $7 wherever CoverGirl is sold.  I got mine at CVS.

Overall:  7/10

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I can't stand frost or even shimmer lipstick, but from your swatches, this doesn't look like the typical frost so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the base color is dark enough that the frost isn't too obvious.

      Delete