Monday, July 1, 2013

Tom Ford Eye Color Quad 05 Silvered Topaz

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I'm not dead, just incredibly busy with work.  I will probably be super busy through the end of July, but I will try to post here and there in the meantime.  And since my posts are few and far between right now, I am going to post about things that I truly love!

It has sort of become my ritual that when I go to Vegas, I stop by Nieman Marcus and pick up a Tom Ford eyeshadow quad.  Yes, I know they're available online, but I just love looking through the Tom Ford cosmetics line.  It is gorgeous.  

Last time I picked up the quad in Golden Mink, so this time, I picked up a quad in Silvered Topaz.



The Tom Ford eyeshadows come in 3 different formulas, shimmer, satin and matte.  This quad contains 1 shimmer, 2 satins and a matte.  All of the shadows had good payoff and were very soft and blendable without having fallout issues.




  • shimmery champagne - Shimmer formula.  Beautiful, translucent shimmer, with gold and silver sparkles.
  • gray taupe -   Satin formula.  Very complex color, very taupe-y, but in certain lights can look almost greenish.  Good payoff, but not great.
  • dark cool brown -  Matte formula.  Soft, blendable, excellent payoff.  Color is very true to pan.
  • medium cool brown - Satin formula.  Complex formula that swatches a smidge warmer than it looks in the pan.  Very soft and blendable with good payoff.




Overall:  10/10

2 comments:

  1. hehe, your ritual at vegas is pretty darn expensive ;)
    Nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive, but for a once a year (max) splurge, I don't mind.

      Delete