Friday, June 7, 2013

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Baked Bronzer in Light Bronzer


Seriously, what is it with Physicans Formula and the names?!?!

I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago, I picked up some Physicians Formula products at CVS while they were 50% off.  One of the products that I picked up is the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Baked Bronzer in Light Bronzer (what a mouthful).

As previously mentioned, while Physicians Formula could definitely improve their pricepoint (and occasionally, their quality), they certainly get packaging right.  Just look at this thing.  It's adorable.


Unlike the blush I reviewed recently, which was a big old disapointment, I really like this bronzer.  You can get three distinct shades.  
  • Heart -  is an orangy gold.  I don't think you could use it as a bronzer, but it could definitely be used as a highlighter, though I tend to use it as an eyeshadow.  
  • Outer circle - is a champagne brown.  On lighter skintones, it could be dark enough to be used as a bronzer, but again, it's shimmery enough that on some skintones it could be a highlighter (or eyeshadow).
  • Mixed - is a slightly warmer champagne.  Again, highlighter, bronzer or eyeshadow depending on your skintone and proclivities.
The bronzer is baked, so you get an irridescent sheen, but it doesn't contain any straight up glitter.  It has good color payoff, but can be easily sheered out.  I got a good six hours of wear time out of it before I noticed any fading.



The Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Baked Bronzer in Light Bronzer contains 9.5 grams of product and usually retails for around $11 wherever Physicians Formula is sold.  I got mine at CVS (for 50% off).

Overall:  8/10

7 comments:

  1. awww 50% off? you guys get the best sales D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only buy Physicians Formula stuff when it's deeply discounted.

      Delete
  2. We don't have Physicians Formula here, but from what I've seen I don't feel like we are missing much. What is the deal with this happy booster claim. To me it is very annoying marketing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very, very hit or miss with their products. I really like this one and I like their pen eyeliner, but their other stuff I can live without.

      Delete
  3. We can't get this here in the UK but I love the design, it's so cute and the 'happiness' factor is quirky! I need this in my life! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely understand how to make cute products. Their designs are great.

      Delete
  4. Seems like a great bronzer! I bought a concealer from them on a whim and it has easily become the closest match to my skin tone I've found, guess I should start looking into their products more often :)

    www.boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete