Monday, August 27, 2012

NYX Round Lipstick in Eros


This lipstick is one that I picked up in Portland a few weeks ago (the other being NYX Matte Lipstick in Shocking Pink).  At the time I had been fixated on MAC's Ruffian Red and at first glance I thought this color looked similar (after swatching, I was right).


NYX doesn't provide official color descriptions (as far as I can tell), but to me this looks like a bright tomato red.  It's mostly neutral, but it may lean a bit orange.  The finish is slightly sheer.  It's very moisturizing and it applies smoothly.  

The formula wore for about 3 hours on me before I needed to reapply.  It did settle into liplines after a while, so regular reapplication is necessary to keep it looking great.





I like the packaging on the NYX round lipsticks, they feel substantial (especially at this price point).  NYX Round lipsticks contain .14oz of product and retail for $4.

Overall: 9/10