Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lorac Unziped Eyeshadow Palette





The Lorac Unzipped palette contains 10 neutral shades in matte, shimmer and metallic finishes.  The palette contains 11.2 grams of product and retails for $40.  The palette also included a deluxe sample size Lorac Behind the Scenes eyeshadow primer.

Top Row:
Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional, Unbridled

  • Undercover - this was a really difficult shade to swatch since it is basically my skintone.  The finish is matte and it is a very creamy and pigmented.
  • Unbelievable - This is a beautiful coppery orange shadow with a metallic finish.  It is incredibly pigmented and applied like a dream.
  • Unattainable - Another metallic finish. This one is a coppery brown.  Intense pigmentation and applied so smoothly.
  • Unconditional - light brown matte shadow.  The payoff wasn't great and the shadow seemed very dry.
  • Unbridled - plummy brown matte shadow.  Very creamy.  Good payoff.



Bottom Row:
Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken, Untamed

  • Undiscovered - Buttery gold metallic shadow.  Excellent payoff, creamy application.
  • Unreal - Champaigne pink metallic shadow.  Excellent payoff, creamy application.
  • Uncensored - Metallic brown.  Great payoff.
  • Unspoken - Matte medium brown.  Creamy texture.  reat payoff.
  • Untamed - dark brown, slightly purple with shimmer.  not metallic, but satin.  Great color payoff.
The metallic shadows are definitely the winners in this palette.  They are beautiful shadows with fantastic application.  The mattes are hit or miss.  Some of them are fantastic, others not so much.

Overall, I think this is a fantastic collection of shadows.  They are neutral without being boring and the overall quality is really impressive.  The palette itself is just cardboard with no closure, so I'm not sure how great it would be to travel with.  I suspect you could depot these shadows fairly easily and throw them in a zPalette if you felt so inclined.

I haven't tried out the primer yet, but I will.  There will be a separate review on it.

Overall:  9/10

Keep reading for more pics.









10 comments:

  1. It's UNderstandable that you loved the UNzipped palette! I think you will have some UNbelieveable results with the primer. It's my favorite! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered that it was your favorite primer. I'm looking forward to trying it out ;)

      Delete
  2. I have wanted to try out some Lorac shadows for the longest time. This palette looks really nice for everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Lorac palette and I am really impressed. The quality is outstanding.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This is fantastic. I definitely want to pick up more.

      Delete
  4. this looks great! i never tried any lorac products! great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really impressed with the quality.

      Delete
  5. Nice review, I've seen others but you give a clear indication of what to expect with each shadow. I really appreciate that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete