Friday, August 31, 2012

Laura Mercier Signature Colour Essentials


When Nordstrom was having their anniversary sale earlier this summer, I picked up the Laura Mercier Signature Colour Essentials for Face, Eyes and Lips collection.  As of the writing of this post, the set is still available at Nordstrom.


The collection includes:
  • Foundation Primer
  • Eye and Cheek palette that includes:
    • Second Skin  Cheek Colour in Vintage Pink
    • Eyeshadow duo in Morning Dew and Primrose
    • Eyeshadow duo in Topaz and Kir Royal
  • Travel size All Over Eye Colour brush
  • Caviar Eye Stick Colour in Twilight
  • Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara in Black
  • Lip Glace in Sweetheart
And as a gift with purchase when I bought this, I also got a Laura Mercier gift bag:



The gift bag included:


  • Travel size fan brush
  • Invisible Loose Setting Powder
  • Flawless Skin Tone Perfecting Eye Gel Creme

And now on to the close ups and swatches





First up, the eye and cheek palette:






Second Skin Cheek Colour in Vintage Pink is a neutral pink, a little on the beige side.  It has a satin finish and the color looks very natural.  The coverage is buildable and it has a lovely texture that just glides on the skin.  This color is so subtle and light that it's probably only going to work on light to medium skintones.




The eyeshadow duo in Morning Dew and Primrose was difficult for me to swatch mostly because both colors are fairly close to my skintone.  Morning Dew is a matte cream color that just blends into my skintone.  Primrose is a soft satin pink with an absolutely beautiful sheen.  Both shades had excellent color payoff and great textures.





The eyeshadow duo in Topaz and Kir Royal seems a bit unexpected to me in this palette.  Most of the rest of the collection is so neutral that these shades provide the perfect (if somewhat unexpected) pop.  Topaz is a beautiful soft bronze color with a satin finish.  Kir Royal is a very wearable plummy purple.  Kir Royal in the pan looks like it has some glitter, but swatched I didn't really notice it.  Again, both shades had good color payoff and excellent textures.






The Caviar Eye Color Stick in Twilight is the one item in the collection that I am very much on the fence about.  I will be trying it out later this week for wear.  The color is beautiful and perfect for fall.  It's a gray with a slight purple to it.  However, the texture really makes me think that this is going to be one of those products that creases immediately.





The Lip Glace in Sweetheart is pretty, but it's a lipgloss.  I will admit up front that I am not a lip gloss fan.  If I was forced to take lipgloss or leave it, I would definitely leave it.  That said, this is a nice formula.  This color isn't terribly pigmented, but it did have better color payoff than I was expecting.  And from what I hear, the more pigmented shades have excellent color payoff.  The formula feels very nice on the lips and it isn't sticky (if you care about that, which I don't).  It also has a whole lot of shine.





There is also a mascara, but I didn't take a picture of it.  If you want one, let me know.

This collection was on the pricier side at $80, but I do feel like I got a whole lot of product, especially including the gift with purchase.  Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase.

What about you guys?  Did any of you pick up this collection?

Overall: 9/10


2 comments:

  1. That was a good buy. I don't have any Laura Mercier products, this wold probably be a good set for a starter. As always, great review and pics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of random Laura Mercier products, but I thought this was a nice set to round things out.

      Delete