Monday, July 2, 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey


A week or so ago, I picked up a couple of the Revlon Just bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Sweetheart and Rendezvous.  I absolutely loved both of those colors, but they are both really bright so I wanted to try some of the more muted colors in the range.

I decided to pick up the color Honey.  Revlon doesn't provide an official description of the color, but it looks to me like a sort of beigey rose color.



The color looks sort of purple in the bullet, but on the skin it definitely learns more rosey.



This is one of those colors that I want to love.  I am so impressed with the other two balm stains, but this color was just completely underwhelming to me.  First off, the pigmentation is almost non-existent.  I do not have heavily pigmented lips and it was not at all noticeable.  Also, whatever pigmentation there was did not last.

I could easily get 5 or 6 hours of wear time out of the colors Rendezvous and Sweetheart, but Honey, I got maybe an hour and a half.  It was just really disappointing on pretty much every front.

The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains contain 2.7 grams of product and retail for $7 - $10 depending on where you purchase.  Available wherever Revlon is sold.

Overall: 5/10

6 comments:

  1. It always sucks when you love a product and find a disappointing one in the range. I need to try lip stains as I hear they are a great alternative to lipgloss and lipstick xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this formula of lip stain, but I'm not at all keen on traditional lipstains. They all lean very purple and make me look dead.

      Delete
  2. Funny as I planned on sending you my two, one being honey for the exact reason. I am so over them. Maybe an hr tops staying power and left with a bad blah after stain. After all the rave- I was starting to think it was just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first two I tried, but Honey is definitely a loser in my book.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete