Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Review: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow palette in 710 Not Just Nudes

I go through big cream shadow phases and last go round I picked up several of the Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow palettes.  The palette above, in 710, Not Just Nudes, is by far my favorite of the Revlon cream palettes.


Sadly, I didn't think to photograph this palette before I used it so excuse the rather beat up looking product photos.  The different colors have significantly different textures.

The darkest color is by far the ... hmm, how to say this ... the lightest?  It has a whipped, creamy consistency.  It does have shimmer.  And phenomenal color payoff.

The second color is as close to matte as you can get with a cream product that doesn't completely dry down.    It is much denser in texture than the other shadows in the palette.

The third shadow has a lighter consistency again. It has a pearlescent finish, but no glitter.

The final shade is the most underwhelming in the palette.  The color payoff isn't fantastic and it's just a very underwhelming shade for me.


As I said earlier, I love the darkest shade and I wear it often.


This is a nice little cream shadow palette.  I'd say the quality is on par with the Urban Decay cream shadows if you're familiar with those.  If you're looking for something on par with say the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams, you're going to need to keep looking.  The Revlon cream shadows never completely dried down on me and they definitely aren't waterproof.  That said, I don't really have a problem with these creasing though I do tend to layer them with powder shadows.

The palette contains 3.4 grams of product total and retails for about $6.

Overall: 7/10

8 comments:

  1. I cant believe i have never tried these cream shadows they do look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the palettes can be hit or miss, but at this price point I can afford for them to not all be winners.

      Delete
  2. Love the colours, they would be great as bases too!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award over on my blog if you want to check it out :)

    http://emilyx0.blogspot.ie/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. They make great bases. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know Revlon made cream shadows, I might have to try this, even if the lightest shade isn't that great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're definitely worth checking out and they have quite a few cream palettes.

      Delete
  4. I love the revlon cream shadows and especially their neutral palettes.

    ReplyDelete