Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: bareMinerals blush in Beauty

So this product is an oldie but a goodie, the bareMinerals blush in beauty.  Bare minerals describes the color as "blushed pink".  Helpful description, huh?  SIGH.  Also, the swatch on the company website looks absolutely nothing like this color to me.

When I first got back into makeup after a very long hiatus, bareMinerals was the first line I used.  At this point, I am pretty much over bareMinerals.  I have learned through trial and error that I am not a fan of loose shadows and I rarely use pigments.  Even after trying out their new pressed eyeshadow quads, I'm really not impressed.

The one exception to this is their blush line.  I feel like it is well established at this point that I have a blush problem.  I love them.  Loose blushes, pressed blushes, cream blushes, matte blushes, shimmery blushes, I love them all.  And the bareMinerals blush in beauty is no exception.  This is the one bareMinerals item that I still use and have recently repurchased.

  


I don't really know what "blushed pink" is supposed to look like, but to me Beauty is a yellow-based pink blush.  It has a slightly dusty tinge to it, similar to MAC's Pink Tea.  (For the record, Sephora describes the color as "sweetheart rose" which I find to be a much more apt description.)

The pigmentation is good.  It applies easily and wears for a good 6 hours before it starts to fade.  It's not completely matte.  There is a bit of a sheen to it, but it's definitely not glittery or frosty.

Because of its dusty tinge, I think this is probably only going to really work on lighter skintones.  I think on medium to dark skintones it's probably going to turn ashy.


The only downside for me is that it is loose, however that's not a huge problem for me because I do really love this color.

Also, this is the only loose blush I have so I guess I'm really not familiar with how much product is standard.  This packaging contains .85grams of product and retails for $19.  Compare that with a standard MAC pressed blush that contains 6 grams of product and has a very similar price point.

Overall:  7/10

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try Bare Minerals. I like pigment shadows but not really blushes or anything like that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bareMinerals line has fantastic blushes. If you get the chance to give them a try, I would recommend them.

      Delete