Tuesday, March 22, 2011

e.l.f. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow Palette – Limited Edition

I have this eternal conundrum.  I love color, absolutely love it.  But it is really difficult to incorporate into my daily makeup routine.  I have a professional management job and while I absolutely covet just about everything from SugarPill (especially the Burning Heart Palette), I have some very serious questions about how much I could really use the products in my daily routine.

So before shelling out the money for SugarPill, I decided to experiment with something much more affordable just to see what I would use and what I wouldn't use.  I understand that the product quality between a discount store product and a high end product is very different, but when you're on a budget, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I will say up front that I love e.l.f.  They are SO affordable that it really allows for a lot of flexibility in terms of trying out new products and colors.  Their quality is a bit hit or miss.  Some of their stuff I absolutely love as much as my far more expensive brands.  But there are also some disappointments - though, for $1, I can deal with quite a bit of disappointment.

When I was at Target a couple of weeks ago, I picked up the e.l.f. Endless Eyes Pro Palette for $5.  Let me say that again, $5.  The Palette has 32 colors and while I do wish they didn't skew so neutral brown/black, there is a good bit of color and for someone like yours truly who has some serious questions about incorporating color into the work environment, this was a great bargain.

The quality of the shadows isn't outstanding and it does seem to vary from color to color, but again, for $5, I'm really not going to complain too much.

I did find an excellent review of this product on YouTube.  This is NOT me, this is NOT my video, but if you're interested, here is Jen (fashionismycrush)'s e.l.f. haul video which contains a review for the Endless Eyes Palette (at the 9:30 mark):
 
I have played with the colors a little bit so far.  I used this palette and some other green eyeshadow singles by Jane cosmetics to play around with a green look for St. Patrick's Day.  (The lighting sucks, I'm going to have to figure out something else to do for pictures.)
Overall, I am really happy with the value of this palette:  8/10.

(but I still covet SugarPill)