Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Eye Quad in #11 Textured Cocoa

Several months ago, I picked up the Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Eye Quad in Textured Cocoa after hearing several YouTubers rave about it.

The quad contains four shadows.  One matte, one satin, one matte with glitter and one glitter.  All of the shades lean fairly warm, so if you're going for a warm chocolate or bronzy brown eye, this is a lovely palette.


All four shades had good payoff, even the glitter shade, which in my other Sonia Kashuk quads, tends to be just some clear sparkle.  Here, the glitter has a definite brown tone.  I found all of the shades to be well pigmented and nicely blendable.  The matte shade with the glitter does tend to lose all the glitter as you blend it, which is sort of to be expected.


If you're into bronzy brown eyes, this could definitely be the quad for you.  I find it a bit too one-note to be too usable for me.  I do really like the satin shade, but I have really similar shades in other quads that I find more well rounded.


The Sonia Kashuk Monochrome Eye Quad in #11 Textured Cocoa contains 5.2 grams of product and retails for $13.60 exclusively at Target.

Overall:  7/10