Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows: Bohemian Waxwing, Abyssinian Catbird, Delicate Hummingbird

So I mentioned eons ago that I did a Rouge Bunny Rouge haul from BeautyHabit.  Yeah.  I'm finally getting around to do a review of the Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows.  

*hangs head in shame*

I picked up 3 of the shadows, Bohemian Waxwing, Abyssinian Catbird and Delicate Hummingbird.  When I originally ordered, Delicate Hummingbird was on backorder.  It probably took a month for it to finally be delivered, but it did show up and I wasn't charged any extra shipping.

(daybulbs)

(indirect natural light)

I know it doesn't seem like it looking at these shadows all swatched against each other, but I swear, these shadows are all sort of taupe-y.  Next to each other, they look brown, green and purple, but on their own, or swatched against real browns, greens and purples, they are much more taupe.  They're gorgeous complex colors that look different depending on the light and the colors they are paired with.

Bohemian Waxwing

Abyssinian Catbird

Delicate Hummingbird

The shadows are smooth with good pigmentation.  They have a satin finish with some subtle shimmer.  They wear well on me, but then again, pretty much everything does.

I'm including some swatches of these shadows compared to shadows from other brands just so you can see:

RBR Abyssinian Catbird comparisons

RBR Delicate Hummingbird Comparisons

Rouge Bunny Rouge shadows are available in a variety of compact configurations, but I chose to get the pro-pans.  I just put them all in a Z Palette with most of my other shadows.  As far as the quality, they seem pretty close to MAC shadows (good MAC shadows).  Actually, the entire Rouge Bunny Rouge line reminds me a whole lot of MAC (though marginally more expensive and much more difficult to procure).

Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow refill pans contain 2 grams of product.  They retail direct from the Rouge Bunny Rouge webstore for $19.63 (plus international shipping).  I picked mine up from BeautyHabit for $19.  BeautyHabit often has sales and deals on shipping.

Overall:  8/10