Friday, January 3, 2014

MAC Silver Dawn Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

MAC's Magnetic Nude collection launched late last month and it contains eyeshadows, blushes and MSFs in MAC's Extra Dimension formula.  As soon as I saw swatches, I was very intrigued by the Extra Dimension eyeshadow in Silver Dawn.

I have quite a few of the Extra Dimension MSFs and blushes, but Silver Dawn is my first Extra Dimension eyeshadow.  I was drawn to it because it looked like a vaguely taupe-y pewter color.  I'm always in love with taupe shadows, but I'm definitely working on a pewter obsession as well.  Mmmmm, pewter.


To my relief, Silver Dawn is indeed a taupe-y pewter color.  It's a very warm silver with hints of brown.  It's a complex color that changes depending on how the light hits it.

(daybulbs)

(indirect natural light)

Silver Dawn is very pigmented and easy to use.  It's not an overly soft product and it is not powdery at all, but it does have excellent true-to-pan color payoff without fallout. As I mentioned earlier, it is a complex color that shifts depending on the light, so it works well as an all over color (I LOVE shadows like that.)


As I was playing with Silver Dawn I went through my other eyeshadows to see if I could find anything similar.  I pulled Benefit's Skinny Jeans, which is most similar in color, though it's a cream product.  MAC Patina and Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird look very different in the pan, but swatched are similar (though not dupes).


MAC's Extra Dimension eyeshadow in Silver Dawn is (not surprisingly, *sigh*) limited edition with the MAC Magnetic Nude collection.  As of the writing of this post, it is still readily available from most retailers that carry MAC as well as directly from MAC online.  It contains 1.3 grams of product and retails for $19.50.

Overall:  10/10