Saturday, January 4, 2014

L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup


So, in continuing with my penchant for doing some posts solely for the purpose of complaining about a product, I bring you the GirlieReview product review for L'Oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup.  

Cut to the chase, it's awful.  Just look at it.  Looking at it makes me want to cry.  It looks like a turd.  Because it is a turd.


This foundation is like no other foundation I've ever used (thankfully).  It has the strangest texture.  I definitely get the 'serum' part of this foundation.  It has a very thick, emollient, serum-y feel.  So imagine a really emollient, silicone heavy serum mixed with powder foundation.

Yeah.  It's as bad of a combination as you'd think.

The powder just sort of swims in the serum.  And the best part for me was that when you apply it to the skin, it's thick.  I found this foundation difficult to sheer out because the 'serum' never sinks into the skin.  It just sits on top of it.  The upper layer of the foundation does dry out and it has a rather cakey, powdery finish, but the layer next to the skin stays wet.  And it creases like crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have baby skin.  I have my fair share of fine lines, but this foundation creased everywhere.  It creased in the corners of my eyes, it creased on my FOREHEAD.


So, to re-iterate, this foundation is awful.  Skip it, regardless of your skin type, it's awful.  I picked it up at my local grocery store, but you can avoid buying it anywhere L'Oreal tries to peddle this crap.  I'm giving it to my daughter for her dress up box.

Overall: 0/10